You can review and enroll in Medicare health and drug plans from October 15 – December 7. Get ready for Medicare’s Open Enrollment with these 5 tips:
- Check your mail. You may get important notices from Medicare or Social Security. If you’re in a Medicare plan, you’ll get an Annual Notice of Changes (ANOC). You may also get health plan marketing materials, like brochures, from insurance companies that offer Medicare health and prescription drug plans.
- Review your “Medicare & You” handbook. It has information about Medicare coverage, as well as Medicare plans in your area.
- Think about your Medicare coverage needs for 2022. Carefully review your Medicare coverage materials during Medicare Open Enrollment. Note any changes in 2022 costs or benefits. Decide if your current Medicare coverage will meet your needs for the year ahead. If you like your current coverage and it’s still available for 2022, you don’t need to take any action.
- Preview 2022 health and prescription drug plans. Medicare Plan Finder makes it easy to compare coverage options and shop for health plans.
- Get personalized help in your community. You may be able to find free information and events online and help from health insurance counselors in your area by phone, like your State Health Insurance Assistance Program.
Medicare’s Open Enrollment is almost here! If you need help reviewing and comparing your current Medicare coverage, contact BK Insurance Services this fall.